Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pound loss. Yoga and walking my dog were the only exercise I was getting until I started with an instructor and creator of “Body Juggling”. Click on the picture on the bottom of this page and it will take you to the site.
I am a passionate animal lover, I play guitar and sing, play piano, cello, a bit of drums and the recorder (kinda like a flute). I love putting my photography and music together on video and I’m a craft making fool.
What best describes what I do: I’m here for each of you…to hold your hand as I walk down the road ahead of you. When I see the bumps in the road, I’ll tell you where they are and that makes an easier journey for you. And when you get down the road, you can reach back your hand and help the ones coming in behind you and so it goes…and the ripple in the pond becomes a tidal wave of healing water for so many to follow.
Please feel free to contact me. I am certified as a Health and Wellness Coach and volunteer in order to give back to the community that gave me so much in the beginning.
It’s all about paying it forward….and not sweating the small stuff.
Many blessings, Yvonne (aka bariatricgirl.com).
Photography website www.yvonnemccarthy.com
Conniecast: Tennie McCarty on Food Addiction with Connie Stapleton, Tennie McCarty, Laura Preston and Yvonne McCarthy
Conniecast2: Food Addiction and Recovery with Connie Stapleton, Jaime Fivecoat, and Yvonne McCarthy
Conniecast: Weight Regain with Connie Stapleton, Frank Surace, Laura Preston, and Yvonne McCarthy
Featured in Cracker Jack Nutrition Article – April 2017
KDAF 33 Dallas – Bod Pod Story
Second Chance in Life – Real Self site
Weight Loss Surgery Journeys – WLS Channel
Weight loss surgery transforms Yvonne McCarthy into ‘Bariatric Girl’ – WLS Channel
Article and video – ASMBS Dallas – June 2009 first day wrap with Craig Thompson (WLS Channel) and Chef Dave
Article and video – ASMBS Dallas – June 2009 with Craig Thompson (WLS Channel), Dr. Robert and Dr. Garth Davis, Chef Dave day 2
Article and video – ASMBS Dallas – June 2009 with Craig and Leslie Thompson (WLS Channel) day 3 wrap up
Who is Bariatric Girl?
Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pound loss. Yoga and walking my dog were the only exercise I was getting until I started with an instructor and creator of "Body Juggling". Click on the picture on the bottom of this page and it will take you to the site. Read More »
Search Bariatric Girl
Bariatric Girl's Favorites
- "All of Me" the movie The ‘Girls’ have been friends for years, bonding over hopes, dreams, food, and the shared experience of being obese. But, now, as some pursue weight-loss surgery, their center has shifted and upset everything they knew about happiness, friendship, and lov
- A book you MUST get! Thriving! TRIUMPH over TRAUMA Thriving! Truimph over Trauma
- Banded Living with Gloria and Sandi Wonderful lap band site
- Bariatric After Life Check out Cari’s blog!
- Bariatric Daily
- Bariatric Eating
- Bariatric Pal Great site!
- Bariatric Regain Facebook Page
- Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric TV Great Bariatric TV!
- BariatricGirl Facebook Page Join my facebook page!
- Food Coach Me – Bariatric Recipes Great bariatric recipes!
- Frank's Place
- Get Help Get Happy Dr. Connie Stapleton!
- Lap Band Gal
- Mary Jo Rapini
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help Been hanging out for 10 years!
- Once upon a time in the land of cheese and sunkist
- The Weight Loss Surgery Channel See my show WLS Journeys!
- The World According to Eggface Awesome stuff!
- WLSFA.org (Please join today) Join the WLSFA!
Bariatric Girl's Favorite Products
- A Product Name
- Bariatric Eating Peanut Butter Cookie Protein WOW is this good!
- BariMart Shop for all supplements bariatric!
- Premier Protein Convenient to take anywhere!
Call to undefined function get_flickrRSS()