Articles Tagged ‘Thriving! Truimph over Trauma’
Thriving! Triumph over Trauma is a must buy!
05/26/2012 by Yvonne McCarthy • No Comments | Leave a Comment »
I have just returned from an incredibly motivating event in Las Vegas for WLSFA.org. We had over 500 people in attendance and when I have time to gather my thoughts I will share about the event and include links to pictures.
In the meantime I want to share with you about a book that is a MUST read! If you’ve ever felt alone regarding how it felt to be obese….. you will no longer feel that way. Incredible stories written by weight loss surgery patients!
Dr. Connie Stapleton, PhD wrote the book and compiled the stories and included some WLS bloggers as well. She helps you understand more about our disease and how to work a journey that moves you toward the optimum outcome. My wish is for bariatric professionals everywhere to read about us and our disease.
Hard copy version is available here: (no longer available on the WLSFA.org site)
Please go to Amazon: http://goo.gl/3EmwEQ
If you buy the book, part of the proceeds go to WLSFA.org. For those who no longer read paper books you can purchase it on Amazon for your Kindle. It helps WLSFA if you purchase the actual book. For those that are unfamiliar with WLSFA.org it is a non-profit organization that helps cover weight loss surgery for many who have been denied. The 7th grant recipient was just announced. No other organization has granted seven surgeries!
The excitement I feel about this book is impossible to explain. This is the world I have lived in for the last ten years and as much as I try to share these experiences with our bariatric professionals….I feel like I have failed miserably. Sometimes I feel like I can’t possibly share how “not alone” many people are that write me. Now I have a way to easily share. This book is for the WLS pre-op, WLS post-op, family of the obese, anyone that truly wants to understand obesity and the professionals that treat us. Thank you Connie Stapleton and thank you WLSFA.org for making this possible!!
Who is Bariatric Girl?
Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pound loss. Yoga and walking my dog were the only exercise I was getting until I started with an instructor and creator of "Body Juggling". Click on the picture on the bottom of this page and it will take you to the site. Read More »
Search Bariatric Girl
Bariatric Girl's Favorites
- "All of Me" the movie The ‘Girls’ have been friends for years, bonding over hopes, dreams, food, and the shared experience of being obese. But, now, as some pursue weight-loss surgery, their center has shifted and upset everything they knew about happiness, friendship, and lov
- A book you MUST get! Thriving! TRIUMPH over TRAUMA Thriving! Truimph over Trauma
- Banded Living with Gloria and Sandi Wonderful lap band site
- Bariatric After Life Check out Cari’s blog!
- Bariatric Daily
- Bariatric Eating
- Bariatric Pal Great site!
- Bariatric Regain Facebook Page
- Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric TV Great Bariatric TV!
- BariatricGirl Facebook Page Join my facebook page!
- Food Coach Me – Bariatric Recipes Great bariatric recipes!
- Frank's Place
- Get Help Get Happy Dr. Connie Stapleton!
- Lap Band Gal
- Mary Jo Rapini
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help Been hanging out for 10 years!
- Once upon a time in the land of cheese and sunkist
- The Weight Loss Surgery Channel See my show WLS Journeys!
- The World According to Eggface Awesome stuff!
- WLSFA.org (Please join today) Join the WLSFA!
Bariatric Girl's Favorite Products
- A Product Name
- Bariatric Eating Peanut Butter Cookie Protein WOW is this good!
- BariMart Shop for all supplements bariatric!
- Premier Protein Convenient to take anywhere!
Call to undefined function get_flickrRSS()