Let go…see opportunity in all things!
Posted on 06/04/2010 by Yvonne McCarthy / No Comments / Leave a Comment »
If you assume in favor of yourself and act as if it is possible, then you will do the things that are necessary to bring about the result. If you believe it is impossible you will not do what is necessary and you will not produce the result. It becomes a self- fulfilling prophecy. ~ Jack Canfield
If you take the approach that “good” is not an accident…that everyone and everything that shows up in your life is there for a reason and that everything is moving you toward your ultimate destiny for learning, growth, and achievement, you’ll begin to see every event (no matter how difficult or challenging) as a chance for enrichment and advancement in your life.
If you don’t feel this way then shouldn’t we just stop, give up, not even try… and just wait for the inevitable? Doesn’t choosing the first option sound like the best path? It is the only path for me and I hope it appeals to you too. Is it so wrong to believe things can really happen for us if we believe in ourselves?
Nope…but we have to put some effort in our journey. This has never been about the magic pill, the easy way out ….but it does open doors for you that were previously closed. The only reason those doors were closed to us before is because we believed we didn’t deserve it.
RELEASE THE BRAKES!
Release the brakes and get out of your comfort zone because it is a largely self-created prison. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always gotten.” Most people drive through life with their psychological emergency brake on. They hold on to negative images about themselves or suffer the effects of powerful experiences they haven’t yet released. They stay in a comfort zone entirely of their own making. They maintain inaccurate beliefs about reality or harbor GUILT and self-doubt…and when they try to achieve their goals, these negative images and preprogrammed comfort zones always cancel out their good intentions no matter how hard they try.
The ones that walk a successful journey have discovered that instead of using increased WILLPOWER as the engine to power their success, it’s simply easier to “release the brakes” by letting go and replacing their limiting beliefs and changing their self-images. Isn’t that a relief? It isn’t about willpower….it’s about letting go and letting it happen the way you want it to.
Jack Canfield also talks about baby elephants that are trained from a young age. If you tie a rope around a baby elephant’s leg it cannot escape. As the elephant gets larger it could certainly get loose but it doesn’t know it because the elephant has been trained that it cannot. The elephant believes it is real …so as silly as it is; the elephant’s belief makes it true. We do the same thing by continuing to buy into those self-limiting beliefs!
Here are his three suggestions to break out of your comfort zone.
1. You can use affirmations and positive self talk to affirm already having what you want, doing what you want, and being the way you want.
2. You can create powerful and compelling new internal images of having, doing, and being what you want.
3. You can simply change your behavior.
Quit being that baby elephant and take that rope off your leg.
Run like there is no tomorrow and see yourself where you want to be.
Lose the self-limiting beliefs and replace them with affirmations. Sure it’s uncomfortable in the beginning but isn’t everything that’s worth having? Practice, practice, practice and then see if you can truly get your mind in a place where you can believe the following: “I believe the world is plotting to do me good today. I can’t wait to see what it is!”
Progress not perfection.
Every step you take is getting closer to what you really want out of your journey.
Let go and love yourself, Yvonne
Leave a Comment on Facebook
Who is Bariatric Girl?
Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pound loss. Yoga and walking my dog were the only exercise I was getting until I started with an instructor and creator of "Body Juggling". Click on the picture on the bottom of this page and it will take you to the site. Read More »
Search Bariatric Girl
Bariatric Girl's Favorites
- "All of Me" the movie The ‘Girls’ have been friends for years, bonding over hopes, dreams, food, and the shared experience of being obese. But, now, as some pursue weight-loss surgery, their center has shifted and upset everything they knew about happiness, friendship, and lov
- A book you MUST get! Thriving! TRIUMPH over TRAUMA Thriving! Truimph over Trauma
- Banded Living with Gloria and Sandi Wonderful lap band site
- Bariatric After Life Check out Cari’s blog!
- Bariatric Daily
- Bariatric Eating
- Bariatric Pal Great site!
- Bariatric Regain Facebook Page
- Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric TV Great Bariatric TV!
- BariatricGirl Facebook Page Join my facebook page!
- Food Coach Me – Bariatric Recipes Great bariatric recipes!
- Frank's Place
- Get Help Get Happy Dr. Connie Stapleton!
- Lap Band Gal
- Mary Jo Rapini
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help Been hanging out for 10 years!
- Once upon a time in the land of cheese and sunkist
- The Weight Loss Surgery Channel See my show WLS Journeys!
- The World According to Eggface Awesome stuff!
- WLSFA.org (Please join today) Join the WLSFA!
Call to undefined function get_flickrRSS()