Thanksgiving and a new beginning.
Posted on 11/26/2010 by Yvonne McCarthy / No Comments / Leave a Comment »
I am grateful that I spent another Thanksgiving with my father who put his big, strong arms around me and hugged me. After he hugged me tight I told him that I spent many years dreaming of the day he could do that again… put his arms all the way around me. When I was a little girl I thought my dad had the biggest hands in the world. I wasn’t so far off. One of my most valued possessions is a mold I have of my parent’s hands. Shortly after that was made my mom lost her battle with cancer.
Even almost ten years after weight loss surgery I still remember most of the little things I wanted to be able to do…the really important things that I believe are important because we can get complacent.
We can start to take things for granted.
We can forget some of the little things that we longed for.
Take a moment and remember some of the things that come easier now and be grateful instead of concentrating on what you do not have. Isn’t that time better spent?
I hope you had a good holiday.
I had a great one … my daddy could wrap his arms around me all the way.
Many blessings to you and your family, Y
Leave a Comment on Facebook
Who is Bariatric Girl?
Musician, Artist, Photographer,computer geek and weight loss surgery aficionado. On March 30th, 2001, I had weight loss surgery weighing in at 260 pounds. Since that day I have lost and maintained a 130 pound loss. Yoga and walking my dog were the only exercise I was getting until I started with an instructor and creator of "Body Juggling". Click on the picture on the bottom of this page and it will take you to the site. Read More »
Search Bariatric Girl
Bariatric Girl's Favorites
- "All of Me" the movie The ‘Girls’ have been friends for years, bonding over hopes, dreams, food, and the shared experience of being obese. But, now, as some pursue weight-loss surgery, their center has shifted and upset everything they knew about happiness, friendship, and lov
- A book you MUST get! Thriving! TRIUMPH over TRAUMA Thriving! Truimph over Trauma
- Banded Living with Gloria and Sandi Wonderful lap band site
- Bariatric After Life Check out Cari’s blog!
- Bariatric Daily
- Bariatric Eating
- Bariatric Pal Great site!
- Bariatric Regain Facebook Page
- Bariatric Surgery Source
- Bariatric TV Great Bariatric TV!
- BariatricGirl Facebook Page Join my facebook page!
- Food Coach Me – Bariatric Recipes Great bariatric recipes!
- Frank's Place
- Get Help Get Happy Dr. Connie Stapleton!
- Lap Band Gal
- Mary Jo Rapini
- Obesity Action Coalition
- Obesity Help Been hanging out for 10 years!
- Once upon a time in the land of cheese and sunkist
- The Weight Loss Surgery Channel See my show WLS Journeys!
- The World According to Eggface Awesome stuff!
- WLSFA.org (Please join today) Join the WLSFA!
Bariatric Girl's Favorite Products
- A Product Name
- Bariatric Eating Peanut Butter Cookie Protein WOW is this good!
- BariMart Shop for all supplements bariatric!
- Premier Protein Convenient to take anywhere!
Call to undefined function get_flickrRSS()
0 Comments on “Thanksgiving and a new beginning.”
It was wonderful to see you at Thanksgiving. Your new site/blog is a winner also. You are very talented.
Love you, Carl
Carl I’m so glad you commented! Thanksgiving was awesome and when I get a chance to upload it I will share the picture you took of me with my camera. For those that don’t know Carl is my brother and is one of the truly talented photographers. He really knows what he’s doing. Thank you for checking out the blog. Love you too, Yvonne